Summer is almost here, a camper’s favorite season. And since at this time of the year we like to plan adventures with friends and family, at NTK Global we have prepared some simple tips to help you avoid exposing yourself to risky situations during your outings.
- Check the weather conditions of the area you plan to go to and choose the clothes and equipment you will need. Ideally, wear bright and colorful outer layers, which can be seen from far away.
- If it’s the first time you’re visiting this place, get as much info as possible and take extreme care.
- Tell a friend or family member about the place you are going to and the route you plan to take.
- Do not change the route once you’ve already informed everyone.
- Avoid going alone. Choose a route partner so that, in case of any accident, you can help or go for help.
- Before leaving, make sure you have enough food and water for the duration of your expedition plus 1 extra day.
- Once your adventure begins, pay attention to the signs and directions of the road.
- We all know it’s nice to have a picture or video to remember your adventure, but do not take unnecessary risks to get this type of footage. Remember that the safety of your route partner also depends on you.
Finally, here is a list detailing the safety items that should not be missing in your backpack:
- First aid kit
- Charged cellphone and external battery
- Emergency blanket
- Dynamo or solar flashlight
- Water purifying tablets
- Small mirror
We hope you liked these tips! Tell us what you think of them and which ones you’ll use on your next expeditions.